John B. Bishop
John concentrates his practice in the areas of estate and wealth transfer planning, including estate and trust planning and administration, probate, and estate and trust litigation, as well as intellectual property rights and enforcement. He represents clients throughout Indiana and the country counseling on a wide variety of estate and trust matters and business planning.
John earned his law degree from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law. He is admitted to practice before all Indiana state courts and the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal and 7th Circuits and the Supreme Court of the United States.
During law school, John clerked for Chief Judge Margret G. Robb of the Court of Appeals of Indiana and interned at CMG Worldwide handling a wide variety of intellectual property and rights of publicity matters.
Active in the Indiana legal community, John is a member of various professional organizations, including the Indianapolis Bar Association, the Indiana State Bar Association, the Indiana University Alumni Association and The Kiwanis Club of Carmel. He served as the former Chair of the Intellectual Property Section Executive Committee of the Indianapolis Bar Association and is a former associate of the Sagamore American Inn of Court.
- Estate Planning + Private Wealth
- Probate + Trust Administration
- Fiduciary + Beneficiary Counsel
- Probate + Trust Litigation
- Premarital Agreements
- Enforcement of Trade Secrets
- Intellectual Property Rights Enforcement
- Registration of Copyrights and Trademarks
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis (J.D., 2013)
- Indiana University, Bloomington (B.S., 2010)
- Indiana, 2013
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2013
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 2016
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2017
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Membe; Intellectual Property Section , Immediate Past-Chair
- American Bar Association, Member
- The Sagamore American Inn of Court, Associate, 2015 – 2017
- Indiana University Alumni Association, Member
- Venture Club of Indiana, Member, 2017 – 2018